Please refer the following requirements for Ethiopian e-VISA
- Nationals of African States who can’t make e-Visa payment online can apply online and make the payment on arrival at Addis Ababa Bole International Airport in cash.
- Please carefully read and comply to the important notices and guidelines stated in each step of the application form.
- The validity of Ethiopian e-Visa starts from the date you intend to enter Ethiopia not from date of issue.
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date you intend to enter Ethiopia.
- e-Visa application fees are not refundable
- A passport size photo and scanned copy of passport is required.
- People with dual nationality should choose the nationality according to the passport to be used for the travel.
- Note that business visa is not issued to individuals under the age of 18. Parents who come to Ethiopia with business visa along with their children can apply tourist visa for their children.
- Please note that we do not accept credit card payment transactions of applicants originating from the following countries effective 18 November 2020: Cuba, Iraq, Sudan, Yemen, Somalia, North Korea, Afghanistan, South Sudan, Crimea region of Ukraine, Syrian Arab Republic
Workshop/Conference Visa – CV
A conference visa is issued to those who wish to visit Ethiopia for International conferences provided that they have an invitation to the conference, seminar or workshop being organized in Ethiopia by a Ministry or Department of the Government of Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, Regional State Governments, Educational Institutions and Universities or organizations owned by the private sector or by the Government of Ethiopia, United Nations or its specialized agencies, African Union or reputed NGOs.
- Recent passport-size photo, copy of passport of the applicant
- Passport of the visa applicant which is valid for at least 6 months from the intended date of entry to Ethiopia.
- Invitation letter valid for at least 6 months from the intended entry date to Ethiopia and invitation letter are required.
|Inviting Company Category||Descriptions||Required Documents|
|Any governmental organization, ministry, department or educational institution of the Government of Ethiopia.||Formal application letter written by the inviting company to the Immigration And Citizenship Service of Ethiopia.|
- Invitation Letter issued by the inviting company/organization to the participant should describe the conference briefly such as conference name, start date, end date and venue.
- Note verbal is a letter from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ethiopia to the Immigration And Citizenship Service stating that an organization/company has officially requested for visa.
Under normal circumstances, the processing time for Workshop/Conference Visa – CV is 3 days. So, travelers should submit their application at least 3 days before their estimated date of arrival
Duration and Validity
The Validity of the Visa starts counting from the date intended to enter Ethiopia.
For single entry 30-days conference visa, the application fee is 52 USD.
Conference Visa cannot be extended.
There are some fraud websites that have a similar look and feel to the official Ethiopian Visa website. Please note that the Ethiopian government doesn’t have any agreements with the owners of those websites. Visa applications submitted or payments made through these websites are not acceptable. Please do not submit a visa application on these sites: www.ethiopiaevisa.com , www.ethiopiaonlinevisa.com , www.evisaforethiopia.com or others. The Government of Ethiopia is not responsible for any payments made or for the inconveniences this might create on the applicants. The official website is the e-Visa website.